Friday, January 28, 2011

Hmmm...

I felt like maybe I should write something here, but I have no ideas about what to write about... I also thought that if I started writing something, maybe I'd think of what I could write about, but so far I've had no such luck...

It seems like there's nothing interesting enough that goes on in my life to write about... I'm not saying I have a boring life, just... nothing's ever different, really. I go to class, I practice, I do homework and laundry and eat and sleep. I go to concerts, I perform in concerts, I hang out with friends and every now and then do something fun with them. I'm not in any fraternities (co-ed) or sororities, I don't drink, I don't do anything illegal except tonight I drove the opposite direction in a parking lot. I did get a new car since my last blog which was exciting.

I probably care too much about what people think of me and I end up being too self-concious because of that. I like some things about Mondays but Fridays are my favorite. I make very similar wishes at 11:11 whenever I see it and I look at the clock at 10:27 randomly at least once a day (like just now). I've worn a watch almost every day since about 5th grade but the other day I let someone borrow it for a class and I had to go almost 24 hours without it. I looked at my bare wrist about 36 times an hour just to be disappointed that I still did not know what time it was. I know that, despite how much you may think you do know, you really don't know how much something (or someone) means to you until you don't have it anymore.

I like the clarinet a whole lot and I hope to one day be as awesome at it as my teacher, although I don't know if that's possible. I'm scared of the future and I don't know what I'm going to be doing in 10 years, although I know what I'd like to be doing. I love making beautiful music and want to continue to do so for the rest of my life.

I know I should tell people how I really feel but I rarely do. I sometimes keep my feelings inside for so long that I explode without warning at little things. I have to make everything perfect, but my room is a mess. I'm addicted to Chick-fil-A. I always step off with my left foot.

I miss a lot of things, but I don't think I'd go back because I really like right now. I think Dashboard Confessional is awesome and they'll always be my favorite no matter how many other awesome bands I find. I love being in college, and I especially love my roommate and I got so lucky to get her randomly. I'm excited about living in an apartment next year, but I'm nervous about having more responsibilites. I wish I could always be young and not have to grow up, but I don't want everyone to grow up without me. I would probably stay in school forever if I could. I had "Forever Young" stuck in my head for a majority of the afternoon.

I love my family and I know that I am very lucky to have them. I'm so glad we're all together and get along so well. I know so many people with broken families, it's a relief to go home to one like mine.

It feels good to write stuff down, even if no one actually reads it. If you did read it, congratulations! And thank you.

Laura

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this blog, Laura! I think you should write more often :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you took the time to read it. I forget that I have a blog a lot and then nothing extraordinary usually happens for me to write about... haha

    but maybe i will write more often now!

    ReplyDelete