Friday, September 3, 2010

Catching up!

Shoo! It's been a really long time since i blogged. I don't know if anyone really missed them, but maybe someone will read this anyway!

So, school. So far this semester i've been really busy, especially with marching band. Which, unfortunately, i'm beginning to dread. Just cause my director gets on my nerves so so so bad. But i love game days, so I stay in it. Our first game is Sunday! (kinda sad it's sunday. and on a long weekend, too...) Go pirates!!!! Arrrrgh!!!!

This semester i made orchestra which is really exciting! and wind ensemble, which is a lot of fun cause, unlike marching band, our conductor for wind ensemble is one of my favorite professors. he's really entertaining - i need to start keeping track of all his "Carterisms" as one of my friends called them. (He's Dr. Carter and he says lots of interesting things, aka, carterisms). The other day he was getting on some people about being late to rehearsal and he said "Don't ever walk in late. If you walk in late again i'm gonna gouge out your eyeballs, throw them up against the wall and have your classmates throw darts at them." I think that was the most violent carterism i've ever heard. but it got the point across.

Anyway! I really like my new dorm - it's suite-style, which is different from the hall style that i was in last year. my roommate (still meredith!) and i share a short hallway with 3 other rooms of 4 (so there are 8 of us) and we share a bathroom with the room next to us (4 girls to one bathroom) which works out pretty well. I havent really gotten to know all of our suitemates yet, though. i basically only know music majors, but luckily a majority of the 4th floor (my floor) consists of music majors, except for our suitemates - something got messed up and our suite is one of like, 3 or 4 that isnt completely music majors.

So, yeah, i'm sorry this is so long, congratulations for making it to the end! i hope all of you are have a great year so far, and i'm sure it'll get better if you're not! Happy long weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. Keep pressing on Laura, I'm so happy for your making the orchestra and wind ensemble. I too had suite style dorms, which made it much easier. We miss you. Keep making beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i said 3 other rooms of 4 - i meant 3 other rooms of 2!

    ReplyDelete