i was doing pretty good until my computer decided to be stupid and start dying. i almost wrote a blog earlier today about how i was happy and everything but right now it's hard to write that. i think cause i'm tired is a big part of it. but i'll try to write happy stuff, anyway - at least as much as i care to share.
it's snowing! we've gotten more so far than we did 2 weeks ago when it snowed. supposedly there's snow on the ground in 49 states right now - i'm assuming hawaii is the one left out. poor hawaii - no snow for you!
i just got back from touring with the wind ensemble this afternoon - it was pretty fun - we went to kinston high school thursday afternoon - where we actually played for all the 5th graders in town - i guess just a central location. That night, we went to Cape Fear High School in/near Fayetteville and played for a bunch of students and parents - there was this annoying beeping sound (it was an A-flat) that kept going in the background.... We never did find out what it was. Then we spent the night in Fayetteville and Friday morning we went to West Johnston High School, which is giNOrmous! It's in the middle of nothing - just out of nowhere it's just there! Rising up out of the hill like... a castle or something. Then we came home.... yep
So, Valentine's Day is Sunday - I'm hoping this one is better than other's, not like others have been bad, just.... not especially happy, either. We'll see.
The olympics started today - I saw part of the opening ceremonies, but then went outside to play in the snow. Not really play so much as walk in and look at. It was really pretty, though. A guy from Georgia, the country, died today in a luge accident in a practice round for the Olympics - I saw the video. It was kind of horrific - I don't suggest you watch it.
There's a women's basketball game tomorrow! Against Tulane, I think, but all I know is we're playing for first place in the conference! Go ECU!!! Oh, and no matter how well the women do, the pep band will NOT be going to Tulsa, which really stinks. Stupid budget cuts. Stupid broken computers.
Well, I guess I'm gonna stop and maybe sleep. I hope the snow stays for a few days and they cancel classes on Monday - that'd be nice. We'll see.
Goodnight!
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment